11 Feb 2015

One Pot Wonder


One thing you should know about me is that I don't cook very well. Between Kieran and I, he's the one who cooks (or takes over the cooking when I try) and I'm the baker and it's worked pretty well like that.
The only dishes I have in my cooking repertoire are chicken parmigiana and a Filipino dish called arroz a la cubana. Oh, and a damn good grilled cheese sandwich.

For some reason, recently something's clicked in my head that I should try to cook more. So I went over to Pinterest to have a look at some simple meals that I could start off with and I found the magic of One Pot Dishes. You literally only use one pot to cook everything. Simples!

When Kieran came over I made this garlic parmesan pasta dish from Damn Delicious and it turned out very very well. It was a creamy pasta that required milk (I used low-fat) instead of cream and the flavour was very rounded thanks to the chicken stock and the buttload of garlic that I added. Mum loved it and asked me to make more for dinner, and my brother even commented that it was good (which is a big compliment on my cooking from him!). 

Mum was feeling a bit lazy to cook dinner tonight so I offered to make this lemon, chilli, and chicken pasta dish from Yellow Bliss Road. It took me about 35-40 minutes to make the dish from start to finish. What I loved about this recipe is that it is very refreshing (from the lemon) and there's the hit that you get from the chilli. The recipe called for grape tomatoes but my local grocery didn't have any so I used Roma tomatoes instead; basically any small tomato would do. The basil and the lemon complemented each other wonderfully and the mozzarella cheese just added a bit of creaminess to it all. 

This is a great dish for Summer and best of all, it's extremely easy and it's practically impossible to butcher it. If you're looking for something to cook for dinner tonight you should definitely give this dish a go. And if you do, let me know how you get on with it!

2 comments:

  1. Anything I can make in one pot is a hit for me, and this looks so good!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, definitely! And it only takes about 25 minutes tops!

      Delete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always read your comments and try to respond to them as soon as possible. If you have an urgent question or message, please contact me at tweezersandtongs@gmail.com.