1 Jul 2015

The Daily Face #1


Basic. Bronzed. Quick. Those three words basically describe how I've been doing my face up this past month or so. With 9am starts and too much on my mind to be fiddling with makeup, I managed to get a quick routine down that gets me looking presentable and lasts relatively well in the cooler months. 


Prime: Kiehl's Micro-Blur Skin Perfector
Love love love this for my base. It smooths out my skin, 'erases' my large pores, and does not feel heavy or silicone-laden at all. It doesn't do much for oil control, but with how well it does its job on keeping my base looking flawless and not to mention it doesn't interfere with foundations/concealers (unlike the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer with does not go well with the NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation), I'm keeping this one with me at all times. From what I understand it's not meant to be a primer per se but rather a last-step skincare product. I think this one's a keeper! 

Base: Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer
I have this in the shade Natural. A well known 'dupe' for the Cle de Peau concealer, this stick is about half the price and is a new staple product for me. I went in to Mecca Cosmetica looking for a concealer that would match my skin tone and cover up any blemishes/hyperpigmentation. I like applying this directly on to areas where I typically have uneven skin tone… damn blotchy skin (chin, cheeks, around the nose, and above my brows) and blend it out with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush. Throughout the day, the product melts in with the natural oils and looks amazing. 

Set: Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder 
A mattifying powder that feels weightless on the skin and doesn't make your base look cakey? Sold. Unfortunately it does not hold up to it's 10 hour mattifying claim… 

Colour: Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in Nude Mauve 
Nude Mauve just adds a bit of warmth to my face without making me look overly bronzy. It's a pigmented product but it's hard to overdo it with this one. I like applying it with my NARS Yachiyo brush and do the 3/E shape around the perimeter of my face. These blushes are known dupes for the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes, if you're into that kind of product. 

Brows: Benefit Gimme Brow
The quickest way to groomed brows. I just use this to fill out my brows and set them into place. It takes 30 seconds. 'Nuff said. 

Eyes: Burberry Eyeshadow in Pale Barley, MAC Eye Kohl in Teddy, IT Cosmetics Tightline Mascara
Most days I don't bother with doing up my eyes but when I do bother, I like to use my MAC 217 brush to apply Pale Barley all over my lids, followed by lining my upper lash line with the Eye Kohl in Teddy. This combination complements by brown eyes nicely. The IT cosmetics tight line mascara is a wonderful product because it just defines lashes ever so slightly, which is something I really like. I'm not one to wear mascara everyday because I'm a notorious eye-rubber and I tend to forget I have mascara on.

This routine takes me about 7 minutes max and it's one of those looks that looks a lot better as the day wears on. If I'm feeling adventurous, I might add a bit of blush on my cheeks but because my cheeks naturally turn rosy, I tend to just go for a bronzed up look. 

What is your Daily Face looking like at the moment? Let me know below!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always read your comments and try to respond to them as soon as possible. If you have an urgent question or message, please contact me at tweezersandtongs@gmail.com.