22 Nov 2014

Dark Fantasies and a Day of Shows





These past two days have been powered by coffee as I woke up at 5am to help out a friend in his last year of fashion design. My friend Mark designed and sewed 10 magnificent dresses over the past year and last night was the showcase where he, along with his fellow design students, got to see their work on the runway. It was a crazy two days and I am exhausted but I am so proud of Mark. He has worked incredibly hard, has gone through many hiccups, and has come out shining and a star. Doing the show was a bit out of my comfort zone, but I am so glad I was able to participate. It was an incredibly fun experience and I came out being friends with the girls I modelled with and a bit more confident. 

I did my own makeup for the show (except for the eyes) and it had to last 12 hours. I first sprayed my face with the Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray after moisturising and before priming. Then I used the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer and NARS Sheer Glow Foundation. The primer and setting spray combination really helped to control oil. I also set my makeup with both the Bourjois Healthy Balance Compact Powder and the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light. To add some killer cheekbones, I used the NARS Laguna Bronzer with the Ita Kabuki Brush and for a bit of colour, I lightly applied the NARS Almería Blush. Finally, I sprayed a hefty dose of the setting spray. Halfway through the day, the makeup started to fade a little so I just amped up the definition and colour, and reapplied foundation on my nose where it seemed to have just been eaten up. The NARS foundation was great to use because it had no SPF so it was perfect for flash photography. For the lips, I used Revlon's Colorburst Matte Balm in Standout

The Showcase was a great way to start the holidays and I am so incredibly proud of Mark. Sydney siders, better keep a look out for Benur Designs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always read your comments and try to respond to them as soon as possible. If you have an urgent question or message, please contact me at tweezersandtongs@gmail.com.