5 Nov 2014

Rosy No More (Almost)




According to my mom, I was a very rosy pink baby; I guess I carried this feature out of my baby years and into my teens. It wasn't something that bothered me too much up until recently. I had been getting more and more instances where my cheeks would suddenly feel incredibly warm and I looked like I was a bit overeager applying blush. As I got into makeup, I saw these YouTubers wearing all of these wonderful blushes which would show up on their skin and I wished that that was me. No matter how hard I tried, the blush I applied would seem to disappear and only my bright pink cheeks would remain. 

I tried concentrating more foundation on my cheeks and I've tried to cool my face down with cold water before applying makeup but nothing worked. I did a bit of research and I settled on getting the La Roche-Posay Rosaliac AR Intense serum. La Roche-Posay claims to "[resorb] localised redness" and "prevent its reappearance". In addition, they claim that it immediately calms down discomfort and after 4 weeks, redness is reduced. 

I've been using this product for about 2-3 months now and I have to say, it has helped immensely. The product is in gel form and upon contact with skin, it is very cooling and soothing. I apply it every night before my moisturiser/oils. It's not a miracle worker; my cheeks are still rosy and I still find it annoying to find a blush that turns up on my skin, but I have experienced a reduced amount of flare ups  (that warm uncomfortable feeling) and my cheeks aren't consistently red throughout the day, which is a win for me. 

It's a bit of a pricey product but I don't regret purchasing it and I sure will repurchase it when I run out. 

Note: I understand that this could be classified as 'rosacea' but I have not been to the dermatologist to indeed confirm this, so I will not call it that. Don't want to mislead anyone, so I'm just describing my experiences. 

Do you experience flare ups and constantly rosy cheeks? How do you keep them in check? I'd love to know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always read your comments and try to respond to them as soon as possible. If you have an urgent question or message, please contact me at tweezersandtongs@gmail.com.