19 Nov 2014

'Laced With Edge'




After a long and stressful couple of weeks I'm finally back in blogging action! Exams went pretty well (except for one…) and I am now prepared for a four month holiday. What better way to begin than to talk about the NARS 2014 Laced With Edge holiday lineup? I've been wanting to get my hands on a limited edition NARS anything for a long time now, and I guess I hit the lucky jackpot when I walked into Mecca Cosmetica one morning before uni and they had just set up the holiday products. I beelined towards the NARS section and I had the Algorithm palette put on hold for me. I've been wanting the Laguna bronzer for a long time and after seeing this amazing palette with a mini Ita Kabuki brush, I was sold on it immediately. The lovely manager Grace at my Mecca Cosmetica branch showed me how to use the Ita brush and how to contour using the Laguna bronzer and I have to say, I didn't want to believe the hype around it but I do! I really do! It's enough to give a shadow without making my face look dirty, stripy, or orange. I'd like to thank my lovely boyfriend for enabling my makeup obsession and gifting me the Algorithm palette for my birthday!

When I went to pick up the Laguna bronzer, I saw the Almería blush. NARS describes this shade as 'tan rose' and it's a perfect matte shade that goes well with my complexion. Without hesitation, I got this lovely little product too. Almería, like most NARS blushes, is highly pigmented so I usually take the colour onto my brush and tap the excess off on the back (or palm) of my hand. It's better to go light handed and then just build up because it is very easy to go overboard with this one. 

Everything about this year's holiday collection is amazing and I would be lying if I said that the packaging didn't draw me in just a little bit. Everything about this collection is geometric and has an 'icy' feel to it. Overall, I'm extremely happy with these two products and I look forward to hoarding more NARS holiday collection products… Just kidding! (Not really)

Have you gotten anything from this year's holiday collection? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always read your comments and try to respond to them as soon as possible. If you have an urgent question or message, please contact me at tweezersandtongs@gmail.com.