7 Nov 2014

Box O' Empties #2




It's that time again… the time where I show you the empty bottles I've accumulated before chucking them in the bin. I've been trying to use up a lot of the products I already have before going out and spending on more products, so hopefully there will be a lot more empties posts coming your way. 

So for body products, I've used up two things. Firstly, the Organic Care Dry Nourish Ultra Hydrating Conditioner. I've gone this is probably the third bottle I've gone through; it's an all natural hair conditioner that smells like coconuts and sells for about AUD $3.00. It's quite lightweight for a conditioner targeted at dry hair and there are no nasties in the formulation. The only catch is, you can get this only at Woolworths in Australia (I haven't seen this anywhere else). Seriously, for $3 I think you can afford to try this out. 

The second body product is the Body Shop Brazil Nut Body Scrub. I got this when the Body Shop was doing a 2 for $40 promo and I think that this scrub comes second to Soap and Glory's Breakfast Scrub. It's creamy but it's not one of those scrubs that just drops off your skin when you use it. The scrubbing particles are gentle but effective and the formula is moisturising. There's something unique about the scent which I love, but some people might not enjoy it so give it a good whiff before trying it out. 

For the face, I've used up the Caudalie Make-Up Remover Cleansing Water which I got when I was in Singapore in January. This shouldn't be marketed as a 'make-up remover' because this product barely removes any make-up. At best, it's good for getting the last traces of foundation off your neck to make sure you don't stain your washcloth and as a quick refresher if you're applying makeup halfway through the day. To me, it was a waste of money (around AUD $13 if I remember correctly) and I couldn't wait to finish it up. 

One product I did love was the Sanctuary Spa Pore Refining Toner. This toner was pretty great; I noticed a reduction in spots on my face (due to the witch hazel). It's claimed to balance the pH of your skin (after using a cleanser) and to minimise the appearance of pores. My complexion was quite even and clear while I was using it, but I didn't notice much of a reduction in my pore size. I'm still pretty happy with the product. Also, I think the spray dispensing is great. 

I didn't actually use up my Sukin Rosehip Oil, but it did go off recently (the colour changed from a deep orange to a yellow. I didn't have much left, but considering how sensitive my skin is I didn't want to take any chances. I won't go on about this product too much, but I will redirect you to this post on facial oils for more information. 

Finally, I used up a big bottle of Johnson's Baby Shampoo (not featured) which I used to clean my make-up brushes. It's a very gentle and effective brush cleaner and it'll last you a long time. However, I must say I prefer the Dr Bronner's liquid soap much better. 

What products have you used up lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I always read your comments and try to respond to them as soon as possible. If you have an urgent question or message, please contact me at tweezersandtongs@gmail.com.